Australians go to the polls in...
- 21-Dec-2022: @kevinbonham on Twitter pointed out my timings were wrong. As House of Representatives and half-Senate elections are usually held together, both the earliest and latest days for an election would be dictated by the half-Senate election. As such, the earliest date for a simultaneous election would be Saturday, 3 August 2024 and the latest possible date would be Saturday 17 May 2025. (Source).
- 22-May-2022: I am making a guess that the next Australian election will be on or before 28 June, 2025. Let me know if you have a better guess!
- 18-Jul-2019: Wikipedia has been updated to suggest the next half-Senate election will be held on or before 21 May 2022. I can’t see a Senate-only election occurring, so I have updated the countdown timer.
- 30-May-2019: Wikipedia says the next election will be on or before 14 May 2022, so the countdown timer has been updated.
- 18-May-2019: This estimation is based on an election date of 1 July 2022, the day after half the Senate’s term expires. This date will be updated to three years from the date of the first meeting of the new Parliament.